Super Bowl Recipe
With the Super Bowl here, one of America’s most coveted comfort foods is a super snack for your Super Bowl party menu. Single serving baked macaroni with cheese is the perfect dish to enjoy while watching the big game. To make it super simple, below is an easy and delicious recipe from Elizabeth. It’s been a family favorite in both our families for years.
Baked Macaroni With Cheese for the Super Bowl
- 2 16 oz. boxes pasta (I used pipette, as an alternative you can use elbow pasta)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place single-serving oven safe dishes on a baking sheet and set aside. Fill large pot 2/3 full with water, add 2 tsp. of salt and bring to a boil.
- While water is boiling, melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat, be careful not to burn. When butter is melted, whisk in flour and continue whisking until flour is fully incorporated. Continue whisking mixture for a few minutes and then whisk in milk and half and half and bring to simmer.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water, cook according to directions on box, and then drain in colander. Empty pasta into a large bowl and set aside while you finish “sauce”.
- Stir in all 3 cheeses except 1 cup of Fontina cheese to milk/cream mixture. Gently continue to stir until cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper, stir in completely.
- Pour mixture over elbow pasta. Gently mix to completely cover pasta in cheese sauce. Ladle macaroni and cheese mixture into individual baking dishes and sprinkle reserved shredded Fontina cheese on top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Note: You may opt to prepare and serve your Mac & Cheese in traditional baking/casserole dishes (13” x 9” and 10” x 6”).