Did you know that October is Crocktober and time for some slow cooking? Well it is, and below is a delicious recipe from our friends at ConAgra Foods‘ ReadySetEat.com ; it’s ‘slow cooking’ good, but won’t slow you down. With just 7 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep, you can have dinner ready to go for the family and head out for the entire day. When you walk back in with the kids, your home will smell like Grandma’s been cooking all day. I think slow cooker recipes are a Mom’s best friend and just might save the family meal, at least in our house!
For more great recipes visit ReadySetEat.com and if you have a favorite of your own, please share it here or send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosemary Pot Roast
PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
3 small baking potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 large onion, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Rosemary & Oregano, undrained
1 condensed reduced fat and sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Hunt’s® Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray inside of 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. Trim excess fat from beef; discard. Cut beef into 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Top with beef and remaining ingredients. Cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 10 hours or until beef is tender.