We love sharing delicious recipes that utilizes lots of fresh and healthy ingredients. This Asian Cobb Salad is perfect for everything from the family dinner to a ladies’ lunch. Everyone can make it there own way! Tip: Chop up everything in the morning and keep ingredients separate and fresh in Ziploc® bags, so you are ready to serve it on a moments notice.
GLUTEN FREE ASIAN COBB SALAD
Created by: Carol Kicinski
Serves 4 as entrée, Serves 6 as appetizer
- 1 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Sesame Dressing
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 – 4 depending on size)
- Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 English (hot house) cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cilantro leaves
- Combine ½ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Sesame Dressing with the honey and place in a large plastic food storage bag. Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken breast from the refrigerator and discard the marinade. Pat the breasts dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat the bottom of the pan with the oil. Add the chicken breasts; cook for 2 minutes or until golden browned, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Cover the pan; lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4 – 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Let sit for 5 – 10 minutes then slice thinly.
- Combine the Napa cabbage with the romaine and place in a layer on a large platter. Arrange the chicken slices, carrots, red pepper, green onions and cucumbers on top of the cabbage/lettuce mixture in rows. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper, the sesame seeds and the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.