Summer can be the most special and simple time to entertain family and friends. We get to eat outside so no worries about cleaning the whole house, the grill means no big mess in the kitchen to clean up afterward, plus everyone feels a little more relaxed come summertime and fun is yours for the taking. Capitalize on these great reasons to invite guests over to your house. Grill up some steak and corn and add this wonderful salad as a real treat!
Bloody Mary Salad from the Good Housekeeping Website . All recipes are triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute, so that they are sure to please. Visit the site for hundreds of really great recipes and ideas for your menu.
Yields: 8 side-dish serving
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
Prep Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) vodka (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pint(s) grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 stalk(s) celery, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- Celery leaves for garnish
1. In large bowl, whisk horseradish, oil, vodka (if using), lemon juice, pepper sauce, Worcestershire, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper until blended. Add tomatoes and celery; toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Makes 7 cups. To serve, toss again to coat with dressing, and garnish with celery leaves.
Photo credit to Kate Sears and Good Housekeeping