Here’s the perfect match for grilled meats from the BBQ. You can mix up a big bowl for guests or bring it along to a summer party where you’re the guest. As tomatoes come into season, it just gets better!
|ELIZABETH’S ITALIAN PASTA SALAD|
Recipe Type: Side
- 1 16 oz. box medium shells, gemelli or farfelle (bowtie) pasta – (I like the way these pastas work in a pasta salad – we used medium shells, which are a more traditional selection)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced (you can substitute the equivalent amount of roasted red pepper)
- 1 16 oz. container bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella balls – you can also slice and cube a block of fresh mozzarella)
- 1 carton grape tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 package Hormel Pepperoni Minis (you can substitute regular pepperoni sliced into ¼” strips)
- 1 8 oz. bottle zesty Italian dressing
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on box – al dente (a little firm, but not starchy) is just right, you don’t want to overcook pasta.
- Drain well and add to large salad bowl.
- Dress with salad dressing and add all other ingredients. Mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving toss again and add more dressing if pasta looks dry – when you dress the salad when the pasta is hot/warm it soaks up the dressing adding to the flavor.