Perfectly Pretty Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a salad that will wow your family and friends at your next sit down dinner party or luncheon, here’s a recipe that’s perfect! It’s not only pretty to look at it’s delicious. The combo of Prosciutto, apple, blue cheese and balsamic vinegar tastes like heaven.
Apple-Endive Salad Wrapped in Prosciutto di Parma
recipe credit: Chef Justin Ward, Harvest Restaurant, Atlanta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 2 ounces Belgian endive
- 1 ounce radicchio
- 1 cup frisée
- 4 thin slices (2 ounces) Prosciutto di Parma
- 2 teaspoons balsamic syrup (reduced balsamic vinegar)
- 1/3 cup (3/4 ounce) Blue cheese, crumbled
- 11/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, apple juice, raspberry vinegar, salt and pepper. Julienne apple, endive and radicchio in 2″ to 3″ lengths; add to bowl together with frisée; toss.
- In the center of a large plate, place a 3″ flan ring mold; firmly pack half of the endive mixture into the mold; remove the mold. Repeat with remaining mixture to make the second portion.
- Wrap each molded salad mixture with 2 slices Prosciutto di Parma. Drizzle each plate with 1 teaspoon reduced balsamic vinegar; sprinkle with blue cheese and pine nuts, dividing evenly. Serves 2