Soup is good food – from the garden.
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and today we have a dish that screams garden fresh goodness. It’s a refreshing and delicious way to serve up some fresh produce – it’s easy too. Serve it with some fresh crusty bread or focaccia bread and enjoy a taste of summer,
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1-2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 small orange sweet pepper, washed, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, washed, seeded and diced
- Add all ingredients to glass bowl (reserve a small amount of each vegetable to chop up finely and use as garnish.) Mix. Cover. Allow to sit on counter at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender (or blender), puree mixture until smooth. You can cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If refrigerated, take the chill off by leaving it on the counter for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with reserved finely chopped vegetables and serve.