Fresh salad in the winter is a real treat and here is a hearty favorite in our house. You can amp up the volume on the bacon, egg or onion to your taste – in my opinion there can never be enough bacon!
Tossed Spinach Salad – Serving Size: 8 (when serving as a side)
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach, or regular spinach torn in pieces
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz can of peeled, sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 large red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup HUNTS ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix dressing ingredients well and refrigerate. Combine salad ingredients, saving a few eggs and mushrooms slices to arrange on top. Toss with dressing before serving.