It’s time for Friday Night Bites, and tonight we’re serving up some fresh goodness from the Garden State! Corn is a summer favorite of ours and here in New Jersey it’s in season and delicious.
We’ve combined fresh corn on the cob and green beans with a lightly dressed salad for a side dish that can pair with just about anything off your grill. This garden salad delivers a sweet surprise of corn kernels coupled with the crunchy green beans, all nestled within delicious butter lettuce – is simply delightful!
- 1 cup blanched green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, steamed with kernels sliced off
- 1 6.5 oz. package butter lettuce, washed
- ¼ cup of your favorite salad dressing
- fresh cracked pepper
- Combine lettuce, beans and corn in a large salad bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly dress salad with a simple oil and vinegar dressing and season with salt and pepper (you can also use a light Italian dressing.)
© 2014 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.