Try serving this gorgeous salad when guests pay a surprise visit this summer. It’s perfect for impromptu parties because it takes just 15 minutes to make. I love the way it tastes and looks with its delicious layers of sweet, sour and crunchy! Add a fresh loaf of country bread and you have a hearty lunch or lite dinner. The recipe comes from the Betty Crocker website, which is full of great ideas for everything from sides to dessert. Enjoy!
Summer Layered Chicken Salad – PREP TIME 15 Min – TOTAL TIME 15 Min – SERVINGS 6
- 7 cups torn romaine lettuce (from 1 head)
- 2 packages (9 oz each) frozen fully cooked chicken breast strips (not breaded), thawed (4 cups)
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 oz) – *I like Feta
- 1 cup pecan halves (4 oz)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- In deep 3-quart salad bowl, place half of the lettuce. Layer with chicken, cheese, pecan halves, remaining lettuce and strawberries.
- In small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad.