St. Patrick’s Green Smoothie Supreme
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and Cherie Calbom, author of Sugar Knockout, has shared some us some fabulous ways to ditch the sugar but still enjoy something yummy and sweet!
Cherie Calbom is a leading authority on healthy diets, juicing, and weight loss. Known as a celebrity nutritionist, Juice Lady, and TV chef. she is a graduate of Bastyr University with a Master of Science degree in whole foods nutrition, Cherie is author of 31 books including Sugar Knockout, The Anti-Inflammation Diet, and The Juice Lady’s Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies. No stranger to healthy diet trends, Cherie joined George Foreman as nutritionist and spokesperson in the Knockout the Fat Grilling phenomena.
St. Patty’s Green Smoothie Supreme
Pictured above – Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 medium-ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 large kale leaf, chopped
- 1 small handful parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon hemp or flaxseeds
- Goji berries
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
Directions: Blend all ingredients.
Get Your Greens On! (Juice Cocktail)
- 1 green apple
- ½ large fennel with fonds
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- 1 large broccoli stem
- 1 rib celery
- 3 leaves kale
- ½ cucumber, peeled if not organic
Directions: Cut produce to fit your juicer. Start by juicing the apple and finish with the cucumber. Drink as soon as possible.
- 1 Florida avocado or 2 California avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-inch piece lemon peel
- Approximately 1/4 cup almond milk, as needed
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries for garnish
- Finely grated coconut
Directions: Cut avocado or avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pit and scoop out flesh. Place flesh in a blender along with coconut syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding as much milk as needed to make it blendable. Taste and add more sweetener if necessary. Put the mousse in chilled sherbet glasses. Top with strawberries or raspberries and sprinkle with a little grated coconut. Chill until ready to serve. Serves 4–6.
Hope you enjoy one of the treats above. What are your healthy go to treats?