There’s no better time than now to think about healthy meal options to enjoy this summer! But don’t worry, you can still enjoy summer get-togethers and indulge in your summer staples like pasta salad without all the empty calories and bad carbohydrates by swapping traditional white noodles for bean pasta.
We are happy to share the below recipe from Explore Cuisine. It’s delicious, nutritious, and perfect for any summer occasion! BONUS: This pasta is good for you! It has 24 grams of protein per serving!
Recipe by begoodorganics
- 1 7oz Explore Cuisine Edamame Spaghetti
- 4 cups spinach (finely sliced & packed)
- 2 spring onions (finely sliced)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Green Tahini Sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil (packed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water (I like to use the pasta cooking water)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup brazil nut parmesan (to top)
- Cook pasta for 4 minutes, then drain and rinse briefly under cold water. Be sure to reserve 1/2 c cooking water – it’ll make a huge difference to your sauce!
- While the pasta cooks, make up the brazil nut parmesan by blitzing all ingredients (see the full list here) in a blender until crumbly.
- Once your pasta is cooked, make the sauce by blending all sauce ingredients (including your reserved pasta cooking water) until smooth.
- Place the pasta back in the pan and turn the element onto a low heat. Add the sauce and spinach, cooking for just a minute or two until the spinach it very lightly wilted but still vibrant.
- Finally, mix through the tomatoes and spring onions and then remove from heat. By doing this, you maintain all the nutritional benefits of the raw veg while lightly heating them – yum!
- Plate up your pasta into bowls, adding 1 tbsp of parmesan to each plus cracked black pepper and extra sea salt to taste.