My husband Mark and I attended a family wedding this past weekend, and it served as a great reminder of the importance of a cocktail hour. Maybe it’s the anticipation of delicious food after the wedding ceremony, the abundance of choice for bite-sized delicacies, or the fact that you can mingle and eat at the same time. No matter what the reason, everyone I asked said the cocktail hour was their favorite part of a reception.
It’s also an important element at a home party. Greeting guests when they arrive at your home with a cocktail (or mocktail) and one or more delicious appetizers is a wonderful way to welcome guests. It helps them to relax and starts a party off on the right note. I love the recipe below and plan to add it to my next party menu. It not only tastes great, but the presentation is pretty and it’s easy to enjoy while standing. It’s also easy to prepare making it a win-win for you and your guests!
Sweet Chili Spring Roll Shooters
- 12 Frozen LING LING® Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls or Mini Chicken Spring Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups Seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper (jarred), sliced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers and sweet chili sauce, stir to coat and set aside.
- While cucumbers are marinating, cook spring rolls according to package directions. Add onion and roasted red pepper to cucumber, stir to combine, and place an equal portion in 8 small shot classes or cups.
- Toss LING LING Spring Rolls in Chinese 5 spice powder, place 1 spring roll in each cup of cucumbers, and serve.