Thanksgiving Bread Cornucopia Recipe
Feature this amazing edible art appetizer at your Thanksgiving Feast! This festive appetizer welcomes my guests every year. It’s my labor of love for my son since it’s his one and only request every Thanksgiving.
How to Create Thanksgiving Bread Cornucopia with Veggies & Dip
- Make a cone form for your cornucopia using aluminum foil. (see image above)
- Stuff it with aluminum foil and give the “tail” a slight twist.
- Spray entire cone with non-stick spray and place on baking tray, also sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Starting at tail end, wrap room-temperature refrigerator breadsticks around form slightly overlapping as you go. FYI: This cornucopia took four cans. Reserve 6-9 breadsticks for the braiding around the opening of your cornucopia. Braid three breadsticks at a time to create braid to finish off cornucopia.
- Brush cornucopia with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake according to instructions on can.
- After it cools, cover and stick it in the freezer.
- Thanksgiving morning take cornucopia out of freezer, Gently remove form, place on large oblong platter and fill with an assortment of veggies in all different colors. Serve with dip and hummus.
Try these delicious Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes!
Post by Elizabeth