This Winter White table is based on the “All White” trend that is hot for home and holiday right now. White is right and this is probably one of my favorite tables, I’ve ever designed! – Elizabeth Mascali
INSPIRATION: The Heavens – Soft, Glowing, Glistening
VIBE: Peace, Joy & Serenity
COLOR PALETTE: White, Muted Silver and a touch of Sparkle
ELEMENTS: Velveteen, Fur, Mercury Glass, LED tea lights, white porcelain or china dishes, silver, crystal champagne flutes, white cloth napkins, crystal stretch bracelets, iridescent mini picture frames, glass feather adorned and opalescent ornaments and a touch of whimsy (the angels wings). Optional: oversized snowflake hanging votives or crystal/glass ornaments to hang from chandelier.
When designing this vignette, I wanted guests to walk in and feel enveloped in sheer serenity and softness. I love this table for a Ladies’ Brunch or luncheon or an intimate dinner party. Bonus – you can use this Winter White December – March.
3 things to remember when gathering elements for your table:
- Remain true to your inspiration, vibe and color palette.
- Shop your home 1st – pull pieces that fit the bill from your cabinets, cupboards, and storage; then make a shopping list for remaining materials.
- Be creative and have fun.
Get the Look in 5 Easy Steps
- Create a foundation with your table covering and place settings: dishes, glasses, silverware and napkins.
- Build centerpiece using mercury glass candleholders of differing heights for interest and finial for the center. At the base arrange ornate mercury votives – insert LED tea lights.
- Arrange place card frames at each place setting.
- Fill in center of table with ornaments.
- Hang oversized snowflake votive holders (fill with LED tea lights) or large crystal/glass ornaments from chandelier.
How to fold napkins: Lay cloth napkin flat and fold (L to R) over itself. Depending on the size of your napkin you may need to fold 2 – 4 times. Wrap faux crystal stretchy bracelet (you can pick these up for a few dollars each at your local craft/dollar store) cinch the top of your napkin with the bracelet, creating a little pouf at the top. Lay napkin over dinner plate, allowing the pouf to “dress” the top of the plate. Fold the excess portion of the napkin falling below dinner plate under itself and top with decorative salad plate.
How to create mini frame place cards: Buy iridescent or faux crystal adorned mini frames (you can pick these up at your local home/craft/dollar store). Use a decorative large font to print guests’ names on card stock. Cut out place cards and insert in frames. Send these pretty presents home with your guests as a favor!