Here is a great recipe for summer grilling. Add some rice and you’ll have a special meal for guests in a snap. The Kabobs get their kick from McCormick’s Grill Mates® Baja Citrus Marinade. It flavors the shrimp and vegetable with citrus, chili peppers and cilantro. The recipe serves 8 people and cooks in just 8 minutes! For more wonderful recipes visit McCormick.com>
- Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Refrigerate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Baja Citrus Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cups assorted fresh vegetable pieces, such as yellow squash, zucchini and red bell pepper
1. Mix Marinade Mix, oil, vinegar and water in small bowl. Place shrimp and vegetables in 2 separate large resealable plastic bags. Pour half of the marinade into each bag; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Remove shrimp and vegetables from marinade. Discard shrimp marinade; reserve vegetable marinade. Alternately thread shrimp and vegetables onto skewers.
3. Grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning frequently and basting with reserved vegetable marinade.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with shrimp and vegetables. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
per serving: Calories: 137, Fat: 5 g, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Cholesterol: 168 mg, Sodium: 336 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 19 g